£35000 - £400000.00 per annum + up to 10% company bonus + Bens
8 months ago
Audio Engineer/Manager - West London - Permanent up to £40k + Bens + 10% company Bonus
Our media services client is looking to hire a Lead Audio Engineer / Manager on a permanent basis to work on site from their West London facility (Safe & Socially distanced of course!) To manage the day-to-day operations of the Audio Transfers department, leading a small team of 2 Audio Engineers.
The small growing audio engineering team digitise, restore and edit client's assets from a vast array of media to a format that can then be added to a digital archive or moved to a Media Asset Management platform.
Background Skills Required
- Audio Engineering background with a deep understanding of music and the recording industry including archive procedures
- Deep knowledge of all analogue and digital technology, standards, formats and
- Professional Recording Studio experience
- Practical audio & IT equipment maintenance and breakdown prevention
- Advanced or expert user knowledge of all audio hardware and software
We are looking someone with a good Audio Engineering background with a mix of legacy and modern audio formats and recording equipment and strong experience of Audio software such as Pro Tools etc.
Use of audio software to perform transfers and conversions to the highest standard. These include but are not limited to: Digidesign Pro Tools, Apple Logic, Steinberg Cubase, Steinberg Wavelab, Merging Pyramix.
Operation and maintenance of legacy recording systems. These include but are not limited to: ¼", ½" stereo analogue tape machines, 2" 24-Track multitrack analogue tape machines, ½" digital multitrack tape machines, ADAT & DA-88 digital multitrack recorders and radar hard disk recorders.
Main duties are:
- Supervise two full time audio engineers
- To manage and delegate where required all projects for the department
- Carrying out any audio engineering tasks required
- Supervise and monitor all audio output to clients
- Research & development of new technology and practices
- Client and studio/technical liaison / client technical consultation, working directly with
all clients including the US and Japan
Detailed Role Description available on request..