Up to £440 per day + (PAYE to Umbrella inclusive of Holiday Emp NI)
about 2 months ago
6 months + Perm
Atlassian Administrator/System Administrator.
An international Media organisation looking for an expert in Jira, ideally certified, to be responsible for IT System Administration and development for Jira and Confluence. The role would be typically 65% focused on Jira/Confluence and the rest of the time working as part of the Infrastructure/IT Engineering team that look after Applications, Storage, Servers and Firewalls etc.
Initially this is being offered as a 6-month role (inside ir35). There is a potential for the role to become permanent. The offices are mainly in the Cheshire/Manchester region, so this would be the preferred location. However, there is flexibility, and it can be worked remotely or potentially 1-2 days a week in the office.
Responsibilities will include:
* Support the business in creating Jira projects and Confluence spaces
* Creating workflows, fields, screens, reports, dashboards etc. based on custom requirements
* Provide new ideas or processes for using the Atlassian suite more effectively
* Administer the backend Atlassian infrastructure and ensure the platform is highly available, reliable and secure
* Administrate the patching, backup and recovery of the Atlassian infrastructure
* Determine ways to optimize/improve Jira process workflows, as well as identify where functionality can/cannot meet user requests
* Develop metrics dashboards and advanced filters in Jira to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports
* Manage all add-ons and integrations
* Provide user training when required
* Manage and own any documentation to aid support of the Atlassian suite
Other IT Systems responsibilities:
* Work within a team of other engineers/administrators to:
o Maintain and monitor all network, security, and computer systems.
o Provide management, maintenance, and architecture of storage, virtualized environment, servers, network devices, and productivity tools.
What you'll need to succeed:
* Experience in the administration, configuration and support of Jira including:
o Jira add-ons, associated plug-ins and extensions
o In-depth Jira configuration and workflow changes
o JIRA reporting and report filters
o JIRA projects, access and administration
o Working knowledge of using Jira REST API or other REST based web services.
o Skills to develop solutions for integration with other tools, automate manual processes, data migration routines and extract data for reporting and analytics purposes.
o Deep understanding of Atlassian architecture, focussing on JIRA, Jira Service Desk and Confluence with a deep understanding of modularized workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes
Mix of Other Useful IT skills:
* Strong working knowledge of PowerShell scripting
* Experience with system logging and monitoring
* Proficiency in Linux server command line troubleshooting utilities
* Experience in working with relational databases (ORACLE, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
* Experience with AWS, GCP, Jenkins
* Basic understanding of networking, routing, firewalls, proxies and load balancing.
* Experience working with NetApp storage (cluster mode) / Cisco UCS / FlexPod beneficial.
* Working knowledge of enterprise authentication systems (Active Directory, LDAP, Crowd, RADIUS, 802.11x)
* Experience in Microsoft System Centre suite desirable.
* Experience in a technical customer support role
* Proven ability to quickly pick up and understand complex technical issues and come up with solutions
* Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, including ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to take ownership of projects / deliveries
* Ability to confidently communicate plans to various stakeholders
* Manage own time to meet agreed targets in a timely manner