£500 - £550 per day
8 months ago
Android Developer - Android Mobile App Developer with Java and Kotlin Android experience RxJava and Agile TDD.
We're excited to be recruiting highly skilled Android Developers to join a global media brand based in Chiswick, West London. You will be working on a brand-new state of the art VoD & Linear Video Streaming platform setting new standards for media distribution globally across web, mobile and TV apps.
- 3 years+ of Java/ Kotlin Android experience
- 6 years+ programming experience
- Experience with RxJava
- Passion for quality and best practices
- Experience with Test-Driven Development
- Google Firebase SDK
- Extensive experience integrating with RESTful web service APIs
- Good verbal and written English
- Good understanding of visual design, UX and Material Design
Nice to Have
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Proven ability to work effectively within cross-functional/multi-skilled teams
- Continuous integration
General information about the wider team:
- Lean advocates with a specific focus on BDD and Kanban
- Full Automation test suites favoured over manual QA - we like software engineers in test
- Best in class development
- Obsess over latency metrics
- We have a build vs buy mentality, everything is proprietary from front to back!
- Constantly exploring new technology
- Dedicated and hardworking, with an eye on a positive work/life balance
- We work in cross platform, mission based squads - with knowledge sharing a key aspect
- Totally collaborative, but not big fans of 'meetings'
This will be working within a relaxed office where getting the job done is more important than the usual formalities. There is a casual dress code, table football, pool table and regular social events.
The team has a real love of technology and aspire to continuously deliver the best in class experience to their customers world-wide.