£600 - £650 per day
10 months ago
3 Month Rolling
MacOS - Accessibility SME
Quarterly rolling contract for up to 2 years
Initially fully remote
Client: Global consumer electronics
Are you passionate about building apps that everyone can use irrelevant of abilities? Would you enjoy working with a team, whose role is to support, advise and shape how apps are built, helping to make more applications accessible to more people? If so, then this role could be the perfect opportunity for you.
This is a varied role, where you'll be working with global teams. You could be required to audit existing solutions, work with teams throughout the entire lifecycle of a project on new features and solutions, liaise and co-ordinate with various functions, and represent the team positively and effectively at all times.
You'll need to be technically astute to consult and support with diverse teams and to help them ensure the best out-puts, so we are looking for:
- First-hand experience in testing with assistive technologies e.g. VoiceOver, Switch Control, Screen Magnifiers, adaptive keyboards
- Expert understanding of WCAG, WAI-ARIA & W3C
- Excellent MacOS programming experience - Objective-C
- Excellent knowledge of UIKit and AppKit
- Understanding of accessibility APIs such as UIAccessibilityPostNotification
- Understanding of how people with disabilities use iOS and / or macOS
- Familiarity with accessibility features on mobile devices
- Familiarity with project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
The Accessibility Centre of Excellence is a group created with the purpose of promoting and supporting accessibility across Apple and offering consultancy services to project teams.
In this position you may be required to audit existing solutions, work with teams throughout the entire lifecycle of a project on new features and solutions, liaise and co-ordinate with various functions, and represent the team positively and effectively at all times.
You will be a pragmatic and charismatic individual, able to push for the best results whilst also maintaining excellent relationships with all those you work with. Successful candidates must be fast learners, capable to adapt and adhere to internal guidelines and processes, and work under tight deadlines with teams spread around the globe. Previous industry experience with an emphasis on accessibility is essential.