£215 - £261 per annum + 261 to Umbrella inclusive of Paye
27 days ago
We are looking to recruit a London Based 2nd Line Support Engineer for a x5 week period in August to cover someone who is going to be on extended leave. This role is inside ir35 and would be working through an umbrella company. You must be based near London and have the right to work in the UK. You must be available to work for the whole of August to be considered.
Working for a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its well known entertainment brands.
- Experience in a technical support role performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of infrastructure technology, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience training, mentoring or supervising junior staff members.
- Worked on Microsoft Office Suite 365
- Demonstrated knowledge pertaining to mobile devices, telephony, laptops, workstations, desktops, virtual and physical environments and other workplace technology
- Extensive experience related to problem resolution.
- Ability to analyze existing operations to improve and grow the Client Technologies operating environment.
- Experience in providing a 'white-glove-service.'
- This can be a high-pressure environment; you will need to be able to prioritise and execute plans.
- 2nd Line Support / Desktop Support covering 2 central London offices working with the Europe support team
- Use ServiceNow
- Someone who has experience with Remote Support working
- Excellent Customer Service and clear communication skills
- Experience working in a Medium - Large sized corporate company with a strong preference for Media Entertainment sector experience.
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm / 9am to 6pm
- Up to £215 - £225 per day (PAYE/Inclusive of Holiday) + PAYE cost of employment - Up to 261.90 to the umbrella company.
As a 2nd Line Support Engineer you will be either remotely or onsite or at one of the Workplace Tech Bars resolving client issues, supporting the core workplace IT equipment and productivity software for the group in EMEA.
You will be responsible for a wide variety of support and activities. These include providing support for end user mobile and PC, Operating Systems (OS) and hardware, virtual and physical desktop environments, desktop applications and other standard enterprise solutions. You will also act as a subject matter expert on enterprise technologies.
What will you be doing?
- Software and system fault diagnosis, analysis and fix
- Taking responsibility for stock used and following the correct procedures regarding CMDB stock management
- Use of Service Now ticketing system
- Building new machines and provisioning devices
- Installing additional applications on new equipment
- Proactively keeping customers updated
- Working alongside management and engineering teams on planning project work
- Meeting room/AV support
- Telephony support
- Executive support
- Install, configure and deploy desktop hardware and software, including virtual environments
- Supports day-to-day operational and support activities of the desktop computing, desktop, laptop, workstations and workplace support services
- Provides on-call support as required
- Provides physical onsite "smart hands" support
ou must be based near London and have the right to work in the UK. You must be available to work for the whole of August to be considered.